Posted by MVT VP on 13 May 2011 03:22 AM
The recommended Internet Bandwidth requirements:
1. For broadcasting live on myvideobroadcaster using superstream
2. For viewing the live broadcast
3. For making/sending a video email
4. For making myvideochannel
Please note that these values apply when user is connected to the USA server.
So if you do a bandwidth test from South Africa, user must check his internet upstream and downstream in connection to an USA server for accurate data.
Bellow we will detail how to check bandwidth in connection to USA server.
Go to speedtest.net website and click on the setings button:
1. Click here to open the speed test settings
The settings panel will open and you will need to select a server located in USA - in the image we have selected the New York server:
1. From this drop-down menu you will need to select a server located in USA - we have selected the New York server
2. Click here to save the settings
Now you will need to click on Begin Test button to start testing your internet speed.
When you move your mouse over the Begin Test button, the server we just selected will be listed:
This way you can make sure that you are testing the internet speed to the right server.
When the speed test is over you will view the results:
1. Here you can view your download speed
2. Here you can view your upload speed
Note: is recommended to close any programs that you have running which may be connecting to the internet